One adventuress shares her stories traveling to the end of the world on horseback. Her destination: Peninsula Mitre, the Eastern part of La Isla Grande de Tierra Del Fuego in Argentina. Listen to her talking about this incredible adventure including how she met penguins and a wild herd of horses on the way. She shares stories about the Argentinian gauchos, mysterious shipwrecks and timing the rides according to the tides.
Riding to the End of the World in Argentina
Riding with Penguins, Wild Horses, Gauchos, Shipwrecks & Timing the Sea Tides on Horseback!
Our Guest today:
Gosia Ostachowicz (Poland)
Where you can find Gosia and follow her adventures:
- Timing the rides according to the tides of the sea
- Gaucho culture and the Criollo Horses
- Conservation of the Mitre Peninsula
- Shipwrecks and some fun facts about the “End of the World”
- Unique wildlife, including herds of wild horses and penguins
New Youtube documentary episode out now!
We are delighted to announce that the newest episode of our Youtube documentary: Riding Horses in Greece, is now live. Subscribe to our Youtube channel and never miss an episode!
Riding Horses across Ireland
Watch the series about EQA-founder, Krystal Kelly’s adventures riding her two horses from the south to the north of Ireland. Subscribe to the EQA Youtube channel and stay tuned!
- Uttermost Part of the Earth, a fascinating history of pioneers and natives of Tierra del Fuego by Lucas Bridges
This is the classic work on Tierra del Fuego and the little-known culture of the near-vanished native Fuegians.
- Book: ”I am an Island“/”Soy Isla” by Perla Bollo
The story of a woman walking across Tierra del Fuego.
- EQA article: “Exploring the End of the World – Horse Riding in Argentina“
Are you looking for destinations for your next horse travels? Have a look at our Horse Travel Catalog!
Become a Premium Member: support the community, unlock bonus content, get great discounts on tours & more!
Thanks for listening!