On account of the 11th Helmet Awareness Day which always happens on a weekend in September, Heather and Ute are talking about the importance of wearing a helmet, sharing some of their personal experience and discussing how to fit a helmet properly, what you should look for while buying one, how to care for helmets and how often you should replace them. So it is a very interesting episode loaded with information.
Tips about buying a helmet & caring for it!
In recent years, most equestrians have realised the need to wear a helmet as we realised when asking about this topic in the EQA Facebook group and in other equestrian groups. There are no good reasons for not wearing one but do you know how to properly fit one, what you need to look at when you buy one and when to replace your old one? In today’s episode we talk about all these topics so that you can check yourself if your head is protected the best way possible.
Subscribe to our horse podcast using Apple Podcasts or Android, and never miss an episode!
Burning Questions of fellow Equestrian Adventuresses
Join the tribe and ask your questions in our Equestrian Adventuresses Facebook Group!
Don’t forget to check out the resources section in this article!
- What you should look for when buying a new helmet
- How to fit your helmet and how to care for it
- Why bicycle helmets are a no-go for riding horses
- What kind of accessories are there for helmets
Thank you for tuning in and happy trails!
Equestrian Adventuresses Apparel
We want to provide useful, practical and stylish clothing for any adventure! Let the world know that you are part of the tribe with our branded clothing. Shop now!
- Website of Riders4Helmets
- The 10 Best & Safest Riding Helmets by Horsyplanet
- Side Impact Protection in Helmets
- How to measure and choose your helmet by Troxel
- 10 Things to Remember on International Helmet Awareness Day by The Horse
- Recreational Helmet Visors by Da Brim