On today’s episode Ute talks with Daniela Vadehra, endurance rider, horse breeder and nutritionist about how you can get your horses through winter without them losing condition or having health issues. Does your horse’s coat loses a bit of shine in winter or are you struggling with the question: To rug or not to rug? We will address all these issues and let you know why it it important to brush your horse outside in the sunshine from time to time.
What are the important points in keeping your horse healthy and happy during winter?
Our Guest today:
Daniela Vadehra (Austria)
Horse breeder, nutritionist, endurance rider and entrepreneur. Daniela lives together with her family in Lower Austria near Vienna and joins us once in a while on this podcast to discuss horse nutrition and health.
Don’t forget to check out the resources section in this article!
- Why do horses lose condition over the winter season
- How can I see if my horse feels cold or needs a rug
- How important is exercise during the cold season
- Which feeds can I add to give my horse the vitamins it needs
Thank you for tuning in and happy trails!
Today’s episode is sponsored by Horse Trek Mongolia:
Exploration beyond boundaries. Adventure beyond measure. Come ride with us!
Horse Trek Mongolia is a horse trekking company organizing rides and programs in Mongolia.
Horse Trek Mongolia is unique as it is fully owned by Mongolians and all the proceeds from their rides stay in the country. It also donates 20% of all income from the rides and treks to feed, care for and educate disadvantaged Mongolia children.
If you want to know more about Riding Horses in Mongolia, click here.
- Article about the science of Rugging Horses
- Find out more about Daniela in our horse podcast episode “From Horse Owner to Entrepreneur – The Story of an Idea”
- Check out all our Resources for Equestrian Adventuresses
- Equestrian Adventuresses Shop on Amazon