In today’s episode, I am talking with Alice Perryman about her favourite equestrian sports: Competitive Trail Riding. It is a little bit like an endurance ride, but slower and it involves different obstacles you have to tackle during your ride under the watchful eye of a horsemanship judge. By the end of the day, it is all about having fun with your horse, helping each other and camping.
Your Guest today:
Alice Perryman (USA)
Equestrian Adventuress from the USA who has competed in Competitive Trail Riding for 20 years and has organised rides herself under the NATRC.
Contact Alice if you are interested in Competitive Trail Riding!
Don’t forget to check out the resources section in this article!
- What is Competitive Trail Riding
- Typical Ride
- How is the judging done
- How to find rides near you
Thank you for tuning in and happy trails!
EQA Horse Riding in Every State and Country Guide
We just launched the 2021 edition of our Travel Guide Book for Equestrians!
Available on Amazon, Kobo, Barnes and noble, and more as paperback and hardback coffee table books, however as a special gift to our members and as a big thank you for being a part of the community we are giving you a copy for free!
Click here to grab your free book: Horse Riding in Every US State & Country Book
- Website of the National American Trail Riding Conference
- Upper Midwest Endurance and Competitive Rides Association
- Middle of the Trail Distance Riding
- Eastern Competitive Trail Ride Association
- Horse Riding in every country
- Equestrian tools and resources
- EQA Online Shop