Many people have discovered Yoga as an excellent means to stay fit, improve balance, stretchability and suppleness but also to connect the body with the mind and gain mental stability or even expand spirituality. Connecting Yoga with horses is just one step further. We all know that horses live in the present and are mindful to their surroundings. Yoga teaches us the same. So practicing Yoga around horses can helps us in our horsemanship. Today I am talking with Corinne Aulakh, yoga teacher and equestrian yoga practitioner from Costa Rica about how she connected two of her favourite hobbies and realised that they perfectly complemented each other.
Our Guest today:
Corinne Aulakh (Costa Rica)
Yoga Teacher and author of the book Yoga Horse Connection, Corinne owns horses and organises yoga retreats in Costa Rica.
Don’t forget to check out the resources section in this article!
- What is Yoga?
- Yoga for Horse riders
- How can Yoga help us with our horsemanship
- Yoga is Horsemanship
Thank you for tuning in and happy trails!
1000 Mile Challenge
Our team of Equestrian Adventuresses has been so energised and motivated by all the Speakers from our Award-Winning Podcast and Adventures on Horseback Workshop that we decided to created a “Ride 1,000 Miles Challenge” for you to forward your equestrian journey and have some adventures with your horse at home or wherever you are!
Join this challenge if:
- You have your own horse or have access to a horse / multiple horses you can ride for this challenge
- You Want to a solid, workable Plan to follow
- You Want a tribe to ride with “virtually” for support
- You have a green horse, an old horse, or anything in between!
- You Want to go further and try new things
- You Want to create an unshakeable bond with your horse unlike any other
- You Want to HAVE FUN, & more importantly, you want your horses to HAVE FUN!
- You’re looking to “spice things up” & step outside your comfort zone
- You WILL not focus on the destination, but on the JOURNEY
We just launched our lasted Travel Guide Book for Equestrians!
Available on Amazon, Kobo, Barnes and noble, and more as paperback and hardback coffee table books, however as a special gift to our members and as a big thank you for being a part of the community we are giving you a copy for free!
Click here to grab your free book: Horse Riding in Every US State & Country Book
Do you love to read or listen to horsey books and stories, then have a look at our EQA Book Series, now available as paperbacks, e-books, and audio books.
Packed with exciting true-life stories written by women from all around the world about their adventures they had with horses!
Follow a vet on her adventures in the Namibian Bush, an expat winning a show jumping medal in Italy, a British family with two toddlers crossing Patagonia on horseback or a German girl finding her dream horse on an Indian horse market.
- Yoga Horse Connection by Corinne Aulakh
- Yoga Series for Beginners
- Article about Yoga and Horses
- Ride 1000 Miles Challenge
- Horse Riding in every country
- Equestrian tools and resources
- EQA Online Shop