What is your exercise level? Are you ready to hit the trails once the snow is all melted? Even though Horse riding is a full-body workout, you want to make sure that your muscles are ready for that full-body workout. Exercise or exercising your muscles will help you feel confident in the saddle and help with your strength, balance, and stamina. Core stability should be one of your top priorities when it comes to pre-riding exercises. In today’s EQA# 245 join Heather as she shares some great exercises that you can do from home using your own body weight and very little space.
Do you have a story to tell? Or perhaps you know a special horse breed or horse culture or you have participated in an interesting sports or event? Feel free to contact us to become part of the Equestrian Adventuresses Podcast, the show for women who love horses, travel and adventure!
Your Host Today
Your Equestrian Adventuresses Podcast Host, horse rider, seasoned traveller and trail rider!
Don’t forget to check out the resources section in this article!
- Pre Trip Physical Preparation
- Training off the saddle
- Core stability, strength and stamina
- Body position impacts how the horse moves
- Body awareness and improve coordination
Thank you for tuning in and happy trails!
Upper Body Fitness for Equestrians: Better Horsemanship Online Equestrian Courses
Are you looking to improve your strength and riding fitness?
Do you want simple, effective at-home exercises that won’t take up a lot of your free time?
Then this course is for you!
Here is what you will learn in this course:
- Simple arm and shoulder exercises to tone you up… FAST!
- Tools to keep on track and stay committed to your fitness goals
- How these exercises benefit us in the saddle
- How to workout, even with the dogs or kids running around, without fancy gym equipment and using only a small place in the house for you to exercise
- Important information for equestrians to improve your riding and common mistakes
- Relaxing stretches to help open your shoulders and give you better posture
Speaking the Horse Language – Online Equestrian Courses
“Speaking the Horse Language” is an online course for anyone interested in mastering their body language and energy and consequently being able to communicate with horses in the horse language. There’s more to it than just knowing what it means when the horses pin their ears or buck. Understanding the horse language is very subtle and requires mastery of your own energy. As a result, this online horse training course aims to make you a better rider and trainer and master your horsemanship skills. It doesn’t matter where in the world you are. And it also doesn’t matter whether or not you have access to good coaches. Because now you can access world class training from the comfort of your own home and learn in your free time.
1000 Mile Challenge
Our team of Equestrian Adventuresses has been so energised and motivated by all the Speakers from our Award-Winning Podcast and Adventures on Horseback Workshop that we decided to created a “Ride 1,000 Miles Challenge” for you to forward your equestrian journey and have some adventures with your horse at home or wherever you are!
Join this challenge if:
- You have your own horse or have access to a horse / multiple horses you can ride for this challenge
- You Want to a solid, workable Plan to follow
- You Want a tribe to ride with “virtually” for support
- You have a green horse, an old horse, or anything in between!
- You Want to go further and try new things
- You Want to create an unshakeable bond with your horse unlike any other
- You Want to HAVE FUN, & more importantly, you want your horses to HAVE FUN!
- You’re looking to “spice things up” & step outside your comfort zone
- You WILL not focus on the destination, but on the JOURNEY
EQA Horse Riding in Every State and Country Guide
We just launched the 2021 edition of our Travel Guide Book for Equestrians!
Available on Amazon, Kobo, Barnes and noble, and more as paperback and hardback coffee table books, however as a special gift to our members and as a big thank you for being a part of the community we are giving you a copy for free!
Click here to grab your free book: Horse Riding in Every US State & Country Book
- The International Equestrian
- Horse Trailer Disaster waiting to Happen Podcast
- Horse Books For Adults and young Adults
- EQUESTRIAN TOOLS & RESOURCES
- Equestrian Adventuresses YouTube Channel
- Horse Riding Essentials Packing List for equestrians and long distance rides
- EQA Online Shop