The Ukraine still tops the news and the war is on-going, soon to enter its fourth week. Millions of people are fleeing the bombings and they bring their animals too if they can. Horses sometimes cannot be taken along as roads and bridges are destroyed and fodder is almost unavailable. In today’s episode I am talking to Pawel Jasinski from Poland who normally operates horse trails in different countries including the Ukraine. Poland shares a long border with Ukraine and is the prime spot to get relief aid into the war-torn country as well as welcoming refugees.
Pawel speaks Ukrainian and has a lot of friends there, bringing groups of riders several times a year. When the war started he decided to do something to help the Ukrainian people. He started a fundraiser and personally drives convoys of aid to the border where it is received by his Ukrainian horse riding partner who makes sure it will be distributed to those in need. In today’s episode he tells us about the Ukraine and his views on the war.
Our Guest today:
Pawel Jasinski (Poland)
Horse Tour Operator from Poland. Together with his partner Agieszka, he runs the company Lisowczycy/Dirty Hooves organising horse trails in Poland, the Ukraine and other countries. He has recently started a fundraiser in order to support the Ukrainian people and to raise money to buy and send relief aid.
Find more about their Fundraiser!
Find more about Dirty Hooves!
Don’t forget to check out the resources section in this article!
- Riding in the Ukraine
- War between Russia & Ukraine
- Situation in different parts of the country
- What happens to all the the animals
- How can we help
Thank you for tuning in and happy trails!
1000 Mile Challenge
Our team of Equestrian Adventuresses has been so energised and motivated by all the Speakers from our Award-Winning Podcast and Adventures on Horseback Workshop that we decided to created a “Ride 1,000 Miles Challenge” for you to forward your equestrian journey and have some adventures with your horse at home or wherever you are!
Join this challenge if:
- You have your own horse or have access to a horse / multiple horses you can ride for this challenge
- You Want to a solid, workable Plan to follow
- You Want a tribe to ride with “virtually” for support
- You have a green horse, an old horse, or anything in between!
- You Want to go further and try new things
- You Want to create an unshakeable bond with your horse unlike any other
- You Want to HAVE FUN, & more importantly, you want your horses to HAVE FUN!
- You’re looking to “spice things up” & step outside your comfort zone
- You WILL not focus on the destination, but on the JOURNEY
We just launched our lasted Travel Guide Book for Equestrians!
Available on Amazon, Kobo, Barnes and noble, and more as paperback and hardback coffee table books, however as a special gift to our members and as a big thank you for being a part of the community we are giving you a copy for free!
Click here to grab your free book: Horse Riding in Every US State & Country Book
Do you love to read or listen to horsey books and stories, then have a look at our EQA Book Series, now available as paperbacks, e-books, and audio books.
Packed with exciting true-life stories written by women from all around the world about their adventures they had with horses!
Follow a vet on her adventures in the Namibian Bush, an expat winning a show jumping medal in Italy, a British family with two toddlers crossing Patagonia on horseback or a German girl finding her dream horse on an Indian horse market.
- Ukrainian Equestrian Federation Charity Foundation
- Article about how to Help the Ukraine from Eventing Nation
- Ride 1000 Miles Challenge
- Horse Riding in every country
- Equestrian tools and resources
- EQA Online Shop