We are galloping through the years while celebrating the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the 2nd has a lifelong love of horses, and it shows during her 70 years on the throne celebration. From Parades, horse shows, and horse races horses are clearly the favorites of the Queen. The Queen Platinum Jubilee showcased her love of horses as almost every event had them. In today’s podcast, we cover the events and some of the special horses from her years as her royal highness.
Your Host today:
Your Equestrian Adventuresses Podcast Hosts and seasoned travellers & horse riders!
Visit her website to find more about their rides!
Don’t forget to check out the resources section in this article!
- Events during the celebration
- The Queens favorite horses
- Household Cavalry
Thank you for tuning in and happy trails!
Today’s episode is sponsored by
Survive Iceland – Icelandic Endurance Ride
Can you Survive Iceland? This year the Icelandic Horse endurance ride will be held August 25th – 28th with 10 teams competing. The ride takes place over 4 days travelling 280 kms or 174 miles, with each day covering 50-70 km or 30-45 miles. Each team will be composed of 1 rider, 2 crew members and 3 three horses in each team. Each day you will ride 2 horses as they are swapped out between the vet checks. Riders from all over the world will compete in this challenging endurance ride over the Icelandic highlands. You can sign up by visiting the Icelandic Equestrian Survive Iceland website or you can contact them via email to receive more information.
Horse Riding Tracker App
Horse Riding Tracker is an app to track all your rides for iPhone and Apple Watch.
- After each ride you can see data such as distance covered, duration, max and average speeds and more.
- You can also see gaits distribution – how long and what distance you’ve made in each gait.
- There are detailed maps and you can overlay data from your ride directly on a map.
- You can add all your horses in this app and assign to each ride horse and equipment you’ve used.
- Shareable cards with maps, photos you’ve taken during a ride and statistics.
- Animated summaries of your rides that you can share with your friends
- graphs with data such as speed, pace, distance, altitude over time
- compare different rides
- calendar of your rides
- distance and time spend on a horse each month
Stone Horse Expeditions in Mongolia
Please take a moment to check out Stone Horse Expeditions in Mongolia. They are a full service Expedition and Travel company in Mongolia where they offer horse treks through the vast wilderness. They ensure that Ecotourism guidelines are followed and a keen interest in the Protection of Nature and the Environment in Mongolia. At Stone Horse expeditions you will get to experience the Mongolian horse and they will be your trusted colleague while you trek through the beautiful countryside.
Equestrian Adventuresses Books
Do you love to read or listen to horsey books and stories, then have a look at our EQA Book Series, now available as paperbacks, e-books, and audio books.
Packed with exciting true-life stories written by women from all around the world about their adventures they had with horses!
Follow a vet on her adventures in the Namibian Bush, an expat winning a show jumping medal in Italy, a British family with two toddlers crossing Patagonia on horseback or a German girl finding her dream horse on an Indian horse market.
- Horse Riding Tracker App
- Survive Iceland
- Ride 1000 Miles Challenge
- Equestrian tools and resources
- EQA Online Shop