Wild horses have roamed the planet for many years. It is believed that all horses alive today originated from a group of horses domesticated by humans around 5500 years ago. Wild horses have always been a symbol of freedom and adventure with a sense of romance In today’s podcast we learn the hierarchy of the herd, from how long that stallion stays to what happens to the colts and fillies. If you have never seen a wild horse in person there are lots of places in the USA and Canada where you can.
Your Host today:
Your Equestrian Adventuresses Podcast Hosts and seasoned travellers & horse riders!
Visit her website to find more about their rides!
Don’t forget to check out the resources section in this article!
- Wild vs Feral horses
- Symbols of Freedom
- Wild Spanish Mustangs
- The last truly wild horse breed to go extinct.
Thank you for tuning in and happy trails!
Today’s episode is sponsored by
Our trails vary in terrain making riding for any level rider fun!
We offer unique, personalized riding experiences. Our horses will ride side by side and in a group setting. With up to 30 minutes of instructional warm up, we can ride beginners and experienced riders on the same trail.
Trails are booked by specific appointment times. Offering 2-hour semi-private, 2-hour private trails, and 3-hour trails.
In addition wematch riders to horses based on riding experience. We offer both Western and English riding.
We offer riding for ages 5 years old and up!
Our rides start at 2 people and can accommodate up to 10 riders. If trying to book groups larger than 8 people, please call and let us personalize your ride! 214-584-8698
Horse Riding Tracker App
Horse Riding Tracker is an app to track all your rides for iPhone and Apple Watch.
- After each ride you can see data such as distance covered, duration, max and average speeds and more.
- You can also see gaits distribution – how long and what distance you’ve made in each gait.
- There are detailed maps and you can overlay data from your ride directly on a map.
- You can add all your horses in this app and assign to each ride horse and equipment you’ve used.
- Shareable cards with maps, photos you’ve taken during a ride and statistics.
- Animated summaries of your rides that you can share with your friends
- graphs with data such as speed, pace, distance, altitude over time
- compare different rides
- calendar of your rides
- distance and time spend on a horse each month
Stone Horse Expeditions in Mongolia
Please take a moment to check out Stone Horse Expeditions in Mongolia. They are a full service Expedition and Travel company in Mongolia where they offer horse treks through the vast wilderness. They ensure that Ecotourism guidelines are followed and a keen interest in the Protection of Nature and the Environment in Mongolia. At Stone Horse expeditions you will get to experience the Mongolian horse and they will be your trusted colleague while you trek through the beautiful countryside.
Equestrian Adventuresses Books
Do you love to read or listen to horsey books and stories, then have a look at our EQA Book Series, now available as paperbacks, e-books, and audio books.
Packed with exciting true-life stories written by women from all around the world about their adventures they had with horses!
Follow a vet on her adventures in the Namibian Bush, an expat winning a show jumping medal in Italy, a British family with two toddlers crossing Patagonia on horseback or a German girl finding her dream horse on an Indian horse market.
- Horse Riding Tracker App
- Chisholm Trail rides
- Ride 1000 Miles Challenge
- Equestrian tools and resources
- EQA Online Shop