Summer time is insect time and a lot of horses have problems with allergies, horse flies or midges. In today’s episode Ute talks with Daniela Vadehra, endurance rider, horse breeder and nutritionist about common skin problems we encounter with our horses during summer such as sweat itch, sun burn, mud fever or skin allergies and what we can do to help our horses getting through the hot season in shape.
What are the important points in keeping your horse healthy and happy?
Nutrition is a big field and can help you in keeping yourself and your horse healthy and happy. Not only does it keep your horse in a good condition, you can influence your horse’s immune system in a positive way by keeping your horse well supplied with all the minerals and vitamins it needs.
The Equestrian Adventuresses Podcast will bring you information and tips about improving your horse’s nutrition regularly by talking with experts in the fields who are happy to share their expertise with you.
Our Guest today:
Daniela Vadehra (Austria)
Horse breeder, nutritionist, endurance rider and entrepreneur. Daniela lives together with her family in Lower Austria near Vienna and joins us once in a while on this podcast to discuss horse nutrition and health.
Don’t forget to check out the resources section in this article!
- What makes summer challenging for our horses?
- How can we prepare our horses
- Sweet Itch & insect related allergies
Thank you for tuning in and happy trails!
Chisholm Trail Rides – Horse Riding Near Dallas/Texas
Our trails vary in terrain making riding for any level rider fun!
We offer unique, personalized riding experiences. Our horses will ride side by side and in a group setting. With up to 30 minutes of instructional warm up, we can ride beginners and experienced riders on the same trail.
Trails are booked by specific appointment times. Offering 2-hour semi-private, 2-hour private trails, and 3-hour trails.
In addition wematch riders to horses based on riding experience. We offer both Western and English riding.
We offer riding for ages 5 years old and up!
Our rides start at 2 people and can accommodate up to 10 riders. If trying to book groups larger than 8 people, please call and let us personalize your ride! 214-584-8698
1000 Mile Challenge
Our team of Equestrian Adventuresses has been so energised and motivated by all the Speakers from our Award-Winning Podcast and Adventures on Horseback Workshop that we decided to created a “Ride 1,000 Miles Challenge” for you to forward your equestrian journey and have some adventures with your horse at home or wherever you are!
Join this challenge if:
- You have your own horse or have access to a horse / multiple horses you can ride for this challenge
- You Want to a solid, workable Plan to follow
- You Want a tribe to ride with “virtually” for support
- You have a green horse, an old horse, or anything in between!
- You Want to go further and try new things
- You Want to create an unshakeable bond with your horse unlike any other
- You Want to HAVE FUN, & more importantly, you want your horses to HAVE FUN!
- You’re looking to “spice things up” & step outside your comfort zone
- You WILL not focus on the destination, but on the JOURNEY
Do you love to read or listen to horsey books and stories, then have a look at our EQA Book Series, now available as paperbacks, e-books, and audio books.
Packed with exciting true-life stories written by women from all around the world about their adventures they had with horses!
Follow a vet on her adventures in the Namibian Bush, an expat winning a show jumping medal in Italy, a British family with two toddlers crossing Patagonia on horseback or a German girl finding her dream horse on an Indian horse market.
- Find out more about Daniela in our horse podcast episode “From Horse Owner to Entrepreneur – The Story of an Idea”
- Podcast about Fly & Rain Sheets
- Ride 1000 Miles Challenge
- Horse Riding in every country
- Equestrian tools and resources
- EQA Online Shop