What an epic adventure! Maren Brümmer crossed Germany from North to South, riding from the Baltic Sea for more than 1000 km in one month all the way to the Alpes with her home-bred Trakehner mare Auri. In today’s podcast episode she talks about her passion trail riding and how she came up with the idea of crossing Germany on horseback alone.
Subscribe to our horse podcast using Apple Podcasts or Android, and never miss an episode!
Our Guest today:
Maren Brümmer (Germany)
Equestrian Adventuress from Northern Germany, former horse breeder and eventing rider.
Visit her website or YouTube Channel to find more about their rides!
Don’t forget to check out the resources section in this article!
- Preparation for a long distance ride
- Riding from the plains into the mountains
Thank you for tuning in and happy trails!
1000 – Miles Challenge
Our team of Equestrian Adventuresses has been so energised and motivated by all the Speakers from our Award-Winning Podcast and Adventures on Horseback Workshop that we decided to created a “Ride 1,000 Miles Challenge” for you to forward your equestrian journey and have some adventures with your horse at home or wherever you are!
Join this challenge if:
- You have your own horse or have access to a horse / multiple horses you can ride for this challenge
- You Want to a solid, workable Plan to follow
- You Want a tribe to ride with “virtually” for support
- You have a green horse, an old horse, or anything in between!
- You Want to go further and try new things
- You Want to create an unshakeable bond with your horse unlike any other
- You Want to HAVE FUN, & more importantly, you want your horses to HAVE FUN!
- You’re looking to “spice things up” & step outside your comfort zone
- You WILL not focus on the destination, but on the JOURNEY
Equestrian Adventuresses Books
Do you love to read or listen to horsey books and stories, then have a look at our EQA Book Series, now available as paperbacks, e-books, and audio books.
Packed with exciting true-life stories written by women from all around the world about their adventures they had with horses!
Follow a vet on her adventures in the Namibian Bush, an expat winning a show jumping medal in Italy, a British family with two toddlers crossing Patagonia on horseback or a German girl finding her dream horse on an Indian horse market.
Do you feel that we are missing out on an important topic? Or maybe you have an interesting story to tell? Contact Heather or Ute!