Have you wondered the best way to break in new boots? There are 3 main factors that go into stretching and softening the leather, gentle pressure, heat, and moisture. all vital to breaking in some new boots. The heat of summer can sometimes speed up this process. Most importantly starting with the correct size is key, boots that properly fit are an essential piece of your gear. Sizes can vary by brand so it is best to try them on first before buying. In today’s EQA #271 Heather shares some great advice and tips for breaking in new boots.
Your Host today:
Your Equestrian Adventuresses Podcast Hosts and seasoned travellers & horse riders!
Don’t forget to check out the resources section in this article!
- How to prevent Blisters
- Thick socks
- Boots stretchers
- frozen water in a bag
Thank you for tuning in and happy trails!
1000 – Miles Challenge
Our team of Equestrian Adventuresses has been so energised and motivated by all the Speakers from our Award-Winning Podcast and Adventures on Horseback Workshop that we decided to created a “Ride 1,000 Miles Challenge” for you to forward your equestrian journey and have some adventures with your horse at home or wherever you are!
Join this challenge if:
- You have your own horse or have access to a horse / multiple horses you can ride for this challenge
- You Want to a solid, workable Plan to follow
- You Want a tribe to ride with “virtually” for support
- You have a green horse, an old horse, or anything in between!
- You Want to go further and try new things
- You Want to create an unshakeable bond with your horse unlike any other
- You Want to HAVE FUN, & more importantly, you want your horses to HAVE FUN!
- You’re looking to “spice things up” & step outside your comfort zone
- You WILL not focus on the destination, but on the JOURNEY
Equestrian Adventuresses Books
Do you love to read or listen to horsey books and stories, then have a look at our EQA Book Series, now available as paperbacks, e-books, and audio books.
Packed with exciting true-life stories written by women from all around the world about their adventures they had with horses!
Follow a vet on her adventures in the Namibian Bush, an expat winning a show jumping medal in Italy, a British family with two toddlers crossing Patagonia on horseback or a German girl finding her dream horse on an Indian horse market.